- On 21 st April, boda boda (motorcycle taxi) riders attempted to raid Raila Odinga’s Mwitu Estate residence in Karen Police and security services were reportedly overwhelmed at the scene.
- On 21 st April, Nandi Senator Samson Cherargei was arrested following an alleged disturbance he caused in court earlier in April. Senator Cherargei is facing charges of hate speech.
- On 20 th April, two suspected bandits linked to recurrent armed attacks in Marsabit town and its environs were arrested at their hideout in Manyatta Jillo Estate, Marsabit County, where an AK 47 rifle with 16 rounds of ammunition and a toy pistol were recovered.
- On 19 th April, five people were killed in a bandit attack within the Tigania area, along the Meru Isiolo border in Meru County.
- On 18 th April, police in Bondo Nyironge Suna West, Migori County, arrested 12 suspects on suspicions of intending to disrupt voting at a polling station for the United Democratic Alliance (UDA) party primaries in the area. The suspects were armed with machetes and wooden clubs.
- On 22nd April, the Orange Democratic Movement ( conducted further nomination exercises across Mombasa and Nairobi counties.
- On 22nd April, former President Mwai Kibaki died at the age of 9.
- On 19th April, the UDA staged repeat primary nomination exercises across 13 constituencies in Nairobi and the Rift Valley from 19th to 21st April Furthermore, the UDA cancelled nominations for Kamkunji Embakasi East, and Starehe Constituencies in Nairobi, initiating opinion polls.
The full report can be viewed here.