One additional maritime security incident was recorded within the reporting period.
- On 04th October, a skiff with eight to nine POB approached an underway MT approximately 15nm west of Dhubab, offshore Yemen, whilst transiting the TSS area of the Strait of Bab el Mandeb.
- On 06th October, the Saudi-led Coalition announced that their forces had intercepted and subsequently destroyed three BBIEDs in the Southern Red Sea, suspected to have been launched from Yemen’s Hodeidah governorate.
Gulf of Guinea
No additional maritime security incidents or announcements were recorded within or outside the reporting period.
- On 05th October, the UK Royal Navy deployed its HMS TRENT patrol vessel to the GoG to participate in the French-led multinational ‘Exercise Grand African Nemo.’
One additional maritime security incident was recorded outside the reporting period.
- On 21st September, a single perpetrator attempted to board an oil/chemical tanker in the Makassar Strait, offshore Indonesia. However, upon sighting a crew member, an alarm was raised and the perpetrator abandoned the vessel.
- During the reporting period, tensions continued to escalate between China and other international players in the South China Sea.
The full report can be viewed here.